Whatever your budget, whatever your goal we want you to get the most out of your residential experience. We want you make the most of the grounds and stunning location with activity programmes which help develop life skills and stimulate learning in a safe environment.
At Cote Ghyll most outdoor activities can be reached by foot rather than requiring transport. Below is just a selection of activities on offer at Cote Ghyll.
• Location plan with footpaths & cycle paths including Cod Beck Reservoir
• Cote Ghyll Nature Trail
• Campfire/Bushcraft areas – your own Forest School in our woodland
• Shelter Building areas
• The Lyke Wake Walk (1 mile to start) & Cleveland Way (0.4 mile away)
• Cycle Trail to Sutton Bank
• Guided walks by local National Park/National Trust ranger
• Night Walk
• Orienteering in Cod Beck Woods
• Explore Osmotherley’s history and religious retreats with our local historian
• Star gazing with our local enthusiast
• Activity Packs – Osmotherley Photo Trail / Mini Shelters / Sticks and Sounds
We have a number of activity providers who regularly run activities at Cote Ghyll Mill. These are:-
1. Zenith Leisure – specialise in groups from 6 to 60 people.
2. River Mountain Experience – specialise in groups up to 20 people Tel: 01677 455018 wwwrivermountainexperience.com
Cote Ghyll provides the grounds and location where your Activity Provider can deliver their planned programme.
Activities from the doorstep are canoeing at Cod Beck reservoir, abseiling at Cote Ghyll, orienteering, archery, bushcrafts, shelter building, mountain biking, geocaching and hill walking amongst many others. Only a short distance away is rock climbing at Scugdale.
We welcome all other activity providers or we can help organise your activities – just ask.