Cote Ghyll Caravan Park, Campsite, Cottage, Apartments and Mill Covid Policy
Last updated: 10th May 2021
Cote Ghyll Caravan & Camping Park is open. The toilets and washbasins are open, however the showers will remain closed until 17th May. For stays up to the 17th May, please be aware that there will be no shower facilities available.
Cote Ghyll Cottage is open for single household stays only. From 17th May to up to 2 households may stay together indoors.
The Mill Youth Hostel will open from 17th May for schools, organised groups, families and individuals.
The Mill Kitchen is open (weekends only) for takeaway breakfast and evening meals.
To give Cote Ghyll guests reassurance on booking:-
- If there is a further government lockdown due to COVID during the period of your reservation and we cannot host you or you are legally not allowed to come, then we will transfer your booking to an alternative date or offer a full refund of any money paid.
- If government COVID legislation changes meaning your booking no longer complies with any new COVID legislation eg. too many people in your party, travel between Tiers, we will transfer your booking to an alternative date or offer a refund of any money paid.
Please note, this is applies to all bookings made directly with Cote Ghyll. If your booking has been made through a third party booking agent, then please contact them directly for their terms and conditions.
For any other reason, if you are legal to come and we are legal to host you, then our normal Terms and Conditions apply.
View our COVID-19 Industry Standard Certificate from Visit England.
Safety is our priority at Cote Ghyll, and we want to create a safe and healthy environment to protect our guests and staff. To do this we have introduced some new measures:-
- Clear screens are fitted at receptions to protect both staff and guests.
- Our staff have all of the required of PPE including face masks.
- Although we have installed numerous hand sanitiser units around the park, we recommend that you bring sanitising products to use whilst at Cote Ghyll.
- Please observe the social distancing signs and one way systems which are in place where relevant throughout the Park and in the Mill.
- We are a 5-star Park and already have very high standards of hygiene, however, we will be increasing the frequency and efficiency of cleaning. Regular disinfecting of all facilities and surfaces including ‘touch points’ using anti COVID disinfectants.
- For those staying in self catering accommodation, some non-essential items have temporarily been removed e.g. hair dryers, decorative soft furnishings.
- All guest accommodation will be isolated, deep cleaned and sanitised between guests. Please note, we may require a change to check in and out times to allow for this.
Your health and safety, the law and government guidance
Please note that we operate a track and trace system. Anybody that comes to Cote Ghyll should report to reception and register their details on the standard track and trace system, or via the app. As the law and guidance is subject to change, it is your responsibility to stay up to date with any changes.
Please remember that people have different attitudes and concerns relating to the situation, however we would ask that all staff and guests respect the social distancing rules at all times. Please be aware that after making your reservation, it will not be possible to increase the number of guests on your booking.
Please do not invite day visitors or extra people to join you after you have made your booking. Once a booking is confirmed we cannot add people to it. Please note that we can not allow any day visitors at Cote Ghyll until further notice.
Please do not break the law! We will disperse groups that we believe are in breach of the law or who may distress other guests.
On arrival please report to reception. Our check in is very fast, so there should only be a short wait. We can arrange a contactless check in if you prefer. Please telephone a few hours before arrival to arrange this.
Pitching your caravan, tent or motorhome
All of our pitches are big enough to allow social distancing, but this only works if you setup your unit with consideration for neighbouring pitches. Please position your unit so that you can walk in and out without passing too closely to people on the adjacent pitch. This will usually mean aligning the main door of tents or awnings towards the access road.
Facilities on site
The shop and reception are open. Hand sanitisers are available in lots of locations and enhanced disinfection operations are in place throughout. Signs are in place to indicate a one-way path around the buildings and you will be required to socially distance when inside any buildings, or wait outside if rooms are busy.
When in use, the external shower block doors are left ajar intentionally so that you can enter/exit with minimal requirement to touch shared surfaces. Please wash your hands regularly.
Using shared toilet and shower facilities gives an increased risk of contracting the virus. For this reason we urge you to use your own facilities in your caravan/motorhome as much as possible. For those who are camping, if you have a toilet then please bring it, there is no charge. We have two toilet and shower blocks. The Cedar Block is most spacious internally and offers a waiting space outside. This should be your preferred shower block.
The Government may alter the rules about what facilities we can offer at any time. We may remove any non-essential items or facilities at any time to improve safety.
Facilities in hire caravans and Cote Ghyll cottage
Non-essential soft furnishings together with children’s toys, books, magazines and information leaflets may have been removed. You are, of course, welcome to bring your own.
As usual, beds will be made with freshly laundered linen however, if you prefer you can bring your own linen, duvet and/or pillow. Please let us know before you arrive and we will remove ours.
Our cleaning processes now include thorough disinfection of all areas in and around the holiday accommodation. To allow time for this, check in time is now from 4pm onwards.
The shared kitchen facility, laundry room and drying room at the Mill are temporarily unavailable. There is a one-way system in place, please adhere to the system while moving around the Mill. Please note that soft furnishings in the lounge area are temporarily unavailable.
If you are unwell
If you or any member of your party experience any Covid-19 symptoms, please do not come to Cote Ghyll. If you develop symptoms while you are here, please go home immediately and let us know what has happened. We are all required to follow government advice on testing and track and trace. If you test positive for Covid-19 within 7 days of departure, please inform us. Please be aware that is not possible to self-isolate here at Cote Ghyll.
We thank you for your understanding and support during these difficult times.
In the meantime if you have any questions, please email [email protected] or call us on 01609 883425.
Jon, Helen and team